I am a returning member after four years of absence

A place to discuss matters related to Honda Helix scooters.

I am a returning member after four years of absence

Postby ddkolb42 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:38 pm

I am a returning member of the forum. After four years of absence, I find myself in need of the company of aficionados for the CN250 Honda Helix. Last week we drove to Show Low, AZ from Phoenix, (a 410-mile round trip) to purchase a 2004 Helix. I was not disappointed with the trip. The seller and the condition of the scooter were exactly what he described. The trip took us through one of Arizona’s twisty highway climbing from 1700 ft to 6300 6300 and descending back down. The scooter took highway 87 with the comfort and ease I remembered so well. At the age of 77 after retiring, I decided to go back to work as an independent contractor delivering food for POSTMATES and whatever else the customer needs. It does not get me rich, but it gets me out and being productive in some capacity. After 2 months of this work/pastime, I decided my Volvo xc70 was not the vehicle to do this kind of work. HENCE, I determined that I now need and have an excuse to get another Helix. Now, back home safe and sound and rejuvenated with the memory of the trip home, I am prepping the scooter to accommodate my needs to deliver.
I replaced the trunk on the rack with a Black Motorcycle Trunk Tail Box Luggage W/Top Rack Backrest Taillight for Honda. The attachment went perfect. The LED taillight is a bit of a problem. I had this type of tail box with another Helix but cannot recall how I got to the existing tail light wiring. My instinct tells me to go through the trunk of the Helix. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
ddkolb42

Re: I am a returning member after four years of absence

Postby slonaker » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:59 pm

Let me know if you want to resurrect your old account.

Patrick
slonaker
Site Admin

Re: I am a returning member after four years of absence

Postby ddkolb42 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:00 pm

Yes, please do. Thank you.
ddkolb42

Return to Honda Helix