An optional place for members to tell us about themselves

Postby Herikkusu bōi » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:04 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, I have just recently bought a 1987 Honda Helix, with 34,000 miles. If there is any tips for a new member, or any pointer towards maintenance of a scooter with this many miles.

Name: Jonas
Software Development College Student
21 Years Old
I have worked on many cars but this is my first scooter/motorcycle, still learning on my permit.

Re: New Member

Postby wilsongj » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:45 am

Welcome from France. The Helix is easy to work on and a great machine to ride. Have fun.
wilsongj

Postby Phil » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:06 pm

buy the factory service manual. Its worth its weight in gold.
Phil

Postby Herikkusu bōi » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:35 pm

wilsongj wrote:Welcome from France. The Helix is easy to work on and a great machine to ride. Have fun.

Hey wilsongj,

Great to meet you, scooters are pretty big over in France aren't they. I have heard that they are pretty reliable and easy to work on. What do you ride?

Thanks,
Jonas
Herikkusu bōi

Postby Herikkusu bōi » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:37 pm

Phil wrote:buy the factory service manual. Its worth its weight in gold.

Hey Phil,

I was wondering if there is a pdf or free version that can be found online, or where I could buy a copy of the manual.

Thanks,
Jonas
Herikkusu bōi

Postby Jim Caudill » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:50 pm

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Helix% ... WxTirpSVGA

This is a link to the files section of the Helix page on facebook. If you are not a member of that group, I don't know if you can access the file or not. Here's another link to try: http://mpsracing.net/technical/helix-manual/index.html

Here's a link to the Owner's Manual for a 20004 Helix: https://www.acura.com/assets/OWNERLINK/ ... _CN250.pdf
Jim Caudill

Postby wilsongj » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:12 am

wilsongj wrote:Welcome from France. The Helix is easy to work on and a great machine to ride. Have fun.

Hi, yes, althoughoff road and street moto's more popular I think. Kids tend to ride 50cc scooters (they ride like mad men!)
I have an88 Helix(called a Spazio in France) Our longest trip so far is to canfranc in Spain, 800 km round trip in 3 days, a really nice ride! Where are you based?
wilsongj

Postby Herikkusu bōi » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:07 am

wilsongj wrote:Hi, yes, althoughoff road and street moto's more popular I think. Kids tend to ride 50cc scooters (they ride like mad men!)
I have an88 Helix(called a Spazio in France) Our longest trip so far is to canfranc in Spain, 800 km round trip in 3 days, a really nice ride! Where are you based?

I am based out of Pennsylvania, in the United States. I really hope to take a long trip this coming summer after I graduate from college. I have seen some crazy 50cc builds on YouTube. I am unsure what has been replaced on my scooter but I plan on looking at the CVT this summer checking the clutch and belt wear. How many miles does your scooter have?
Herikkusu bōi

Postby wilsongj » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:31 am

Hi, about 40k, as long as you change the oil regularly and wash the oil filter out it will go on forever. If yours has been stored for a while , checking the belt and rollers ought to be done. I cannot find the correct logo's for mine and it is very expensive here to get some made. (all the parts here in France are crazy prices!)
wilsongj

Postby slonaker » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:35 pm

Welcome to the board!

Patrick
slonaker
Site Admin

Postby Herikkusu bōi » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:03 pm

slonaker wrote:Welcome to the board!

Patrick

Thanks!