Hagon Shocks

A place to discuss matters related to Honda Helix scooters.

Hagon Shocks

Postby Phil » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:11 pm

I'm pleased to announce that I took the plunge. From what I read on this forum. I decided to give the Hagon shocks a go. Ordering the was painful, and a pleasant experience. Helpful customer service. Surprised that Hagon takes in account for your weight, and of your passenger. And how little or how much you will be riding two up. Only downfall but not a deal killer. Is that they are special order from England. And I just missed the cut off day . So I should be expecting them mid August. I'm definitely looking forward to trying them out. I'll write about my experience.
Phil

Re: Hagon Shocks

Postby Dan_Lockwood » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:16 am

Phil, good morning.

I have not yet started to ride my Helix, been in my buddy's lake house garage since I bought it about 5 years ago. Hope to get it up to my house sometime this late summer.

I'm weighing in at around 220# and the wife around 140#. I'm thinking that the stock shocks are going to be a bit weak for my riding. I'll probably ride more solo on this as she likes our Harley better.

Be interesting to know how well they work out for you.

Thanks and let us know.

Dan
Dan

3 Harleys
'98 Red Helix
Dan_Lockwood

Postby Phil » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:15 pm

Dan, thank for the reply. I will definitely keep in touch with you. And let you know who the new shocks perform. I'm sure there will be a vast improvement. No more wallowing through the corners. Or pogo sticking down the straight away.
Phil

Postby Phil » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:40 pm

Christmas just came early !!! The UPS man just arrived at my work and had a package from hagon. I was totally surprised to seeing my shocks arriving today when I was expecting them the middle of next month.. looking to get these things bolted up here in the next day or two and see how much it transforms my bike in out rides
Phil

Postby GrahamH » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:12 pm

Did you order both front and back shocks? For the front you will need to trim a little plastic off the side trims as the Hagon springs are bigger than the original Honda. I have them on my Helix and they much improve the suspension in every respect, hope you find the same.

………….GrahamH
GrahamH

Postby Phil » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:58 pm

I ordered both the front and back. My shocks were terrible. Wallows threw the corners. Never takes as set and bounces down the straight away. Excited to install them . Alone with my new EBC Rotor and organic pads, and rear shoe. Looking in to a 4 piston Brembo caliper conversion out of Japan. For grins of course
Phil

Postby Phil » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:00 pm

btw Graham, thanks for the tip . I liked that Hagon took in account of my weight, If I'm going to ride two up. Her weight, plus the % of time that I would be riding like that. Then they would figure out the proper spring rate for me.
Phil

Postby Phil » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:12 pm

Just a quick update. Last night I took the time to replace the front shocks, pads, and rotor. I didn't go for a test ride. I just pulled it back in to the sea train. Ans what a world of difference. Ill be replacing the rear shocks, along with the rear brake shoes this weekend. Im definitely looking forward to a ride this weekend.
Phil

Return to Honda Helix