How to post pictures

A place to discuss matters related to Honda Helix scooters.

How to post pictures

Postby dsmith41 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:02 pm

Slonaker recently said if someone wanted to do a write up on how to post pictures, he would make it a sticky. I figured it would be good to have a sticky like this so I decided to attack it myself and hope that it would be helpful enough to become a sticky. I had some free time. :mrgreen:

To post pictures to a forum like this the first thing you will need to do is join an image hosting website. These are usually free and some examples are photobucket.com or flickr.com

After you have created an account on a photo hosting site, you'll need to upload pictures to your account on that site.

To do this, the pictures must be saved to your computer. On the photo hosting site, it will allow you to find the picture you're wanting to upload by looking for it where ever you saved it on your computer. (i.e. Desktop, Helix Folder)

After you have your picture on the account you have created, you will need to drag your mouse over the [img] code provided for that picture so it is "highlighted." Then right click it and click copy on the drop down menu. The IMG code will look something like this:

I use photobucket personally and the code I am speaking of is always the fourth code down under the picture when you look at it in your account.

Now you are almost home free! Go to the Honda Helix forum (or any forum for that matter) and start a thread. Then right click in the box provided to write your thread. After you right click, a menu will appear and you must click paste.

Now the picture will be in a "written form" in the text box for the thread. When you click submit thead, the crazy looking jumbled mess of IMG code will magically appear as your picture.

I hope this helps!
dsmith41

Re: How to post pictures

Postby bear » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:59 am

dsmith,

Sounds pretty good. One thing I would like to add, use the preview button before clicking submit.

The preview button allows you to see what your post will look like after you submit it, but you can easily edit it still since you have not posted it. I still sometimes grab the wrong address and I find preview to be very helpful.

Note that you can still edit posts once they're posted. I just find preview to be much faster.

Thanks,

Bear

dsmith41 wrote:Slonaker recently said if someone wanted to do a write up on how to post pictures, he would make it a sticky. I figured it would be good to have a sticky like this so I decided to attack it myself and hope that it would be helpful enough to become a sticky. I had some free time. :mrgreen:

To post pictures to a forum like this the first thing you will need to do is join an image hosting website. These are usually free and some examples are photobucket.com or flickr.com

After you have created an account on a photo hosting site, you'll need to upload pictures to your account on that site.

To do this, the pictures must be saved to your computer. On the photo hosting site, it will allow you to find the picture you're wanting to upload by looking for it where ever you saved it on your computer. (i.e. Desktop, Helix Folder)

After you have your picture on the account you have created, you will need to drag your mouse over the [img] code provided for that picture so it is "highlighted." Then right click it and click copy on the drop down menu. The IMG code will look something like this:

I use photobucket personally and the code I am speaking of is always the fourth code down under the picture when you look at it in your account.

Now you are almost home free! Go to the Honda Helix forum (or any forum for that matter) and start a thread. Then right click in the box provided to write your thread. After you right click, a menu will appear and you must click paste.

Now the picture will be in a "written form" in the text box for the thread. When you click submit thead, the crazy looking jumbled mess of IMG code will magically appear as your picture.

I hope this helps!
Last edited by bear on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bear
2006 Helix
bear

Postby slonaker » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:31 am

I will make the topic as sticky after more folks have had a chance to add their suggestions...

Patrick
slonaker
Site Admin

Postby Cruiser » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:16 am

We need to make sure that the picture is no wider then the screen! When you post a wide picture it disrupts ever post after it.
Please use the preview button before clicking submit.
Cruiser

Postby Cubey » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:25 am

Cruiser wrote:We need to make sure that the picture is no wider then the screen! When you post a wide picture it disrupts ever post after it.
Please use the preview button before clicking submit.

Although, different people use different resolutions. I am typing this from a widescreen laptop set to 1280X800. So if you just specify "no wider than the screen", well.. people's resolutions vary. Needs to be a specific limit to the size (as as you suggested in the pic thread of being about 640x480).
Cubey

Postby slonaker » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:20 pm

That is why I suggested 640x480 or smaller. That will fit on almost any screen, and it takes less time to download.

Patrick
slonaker
Site Admin

Image Resizer

Postby tmn72tx » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:47 pm

If you need help resizing an image, and still use Microsoft XP, here is a free "Powertoy" from Microsoft. It will let you resize one or all your pictures and is very easy to use.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... ySetup.exe

If the link doesn't work, do a Google search for Microsoft XP Powertoy Image Resizer. You'll find it!

Hope that helps!
2007 Honda Helix
tmn72tx

Postby ConroeHelix » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:26 am

Works flawlessly. TY
ConroeHelix

Postby ConroeHelix » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:27 pm

I just realized that on Photobucket, if you click on your picture and then hover your cursor at the top of your picture options to resize come up.
ConroeHelix

Postby pisquali » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:21 pm

There are sites for image hosting that don't require accounts as well. One example is tinypic.com. It will store your image and resize for web forums.
pisquali

Postby the1weasel » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:57 am

Doing a lot of picture stuff is hard via mobile. Tough to get a standard link for the IMG tags via sites rendered for mobile browsers.
Kelly 98 Helix, 08 Suzuki Blvd
the1weasel

Re: Photobucket

Postby zozman » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:32 pm

ConroeHelix wrote:I just realized that on Photobucket, if you click on your picture and then hover your cursor at the top of your picture options to resize come up.

And the price is re-sized as well.

zoz
87 & 98 Helix
zozman

Postby dbcooper » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:49 am

Looks like photobucket got greedy...
dbcooper

Postby zozman » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:31 pm

dbcooper wrote:Looks like photobucket got greedy...

Great news! The FBI has closed its case on you.

zoz
87 & 98 Helix
zozman

Postby birdmannn101 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:27 am

Summary ... Since we all know that Photobucket pictures are not the preferred method of displaying photos and Flickr as well as Google photos can't be seen by other users, what is the preferred method?

If I use a Google photo by clicking on the URL or Img buttons and fill in the location of the Google photo only I can see the photo in the Preview mode because I am the Google photo owner/user. Other users of the group have reported that they can't see my photo.

Since copy and pasting a photo is not an option and Patrick hasn't come back with his official summary yet, has anyone found an answer?
95 Helix
97 Helix
65 C102
birdmannn101

Next

Return to Honda Helix