Honda helix bystarter

A place to discuss matters related to Honda Helix scooters.

Honda helix bystarter

Postby mkowalick » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:58 am

Is there a washer that I need to use that is placed under the electric choke bystarter when I install it.and if so is it metal, is it an o ring, is it a fiber washer or is there none at all. My new bystarter didn’t come with any washer at all, but when I look on the parts diagram there seems to be some washer that goes underneath they bystarter. any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.
mkowalick

Re: Honda helix bystarter

Postby whitefusion » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:41 pm

No, there's no washer - just an O-ring that goes round the body of the bystarter to form a seal against the carb.
whitefusion

Postby mkowalick » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:56 pm

Thank you so much for your answer I didn’t think there was but if you look at the diagram on the official Honda helix parts catalog there is one. Thanks again!
mkowalick

Postby K-9 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:51 pm

mkowalick wrote:Thank you so much for your answer I didn’t think there was but if you look at the diagram on the official Honda helix parts catalog there is one. Thanks again!

Is there an online source for a parts catalog? I have the owner's manual and service manual, but nothing for parts and I need parts :(
K-9

Postby Cosmic_Jumper » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:09 pm

Partzilla usually has nicely discounted prices. Certainly less expensive than a Honda dealer --even with shipping.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/scooter/1986/cn250-a-helix

HTH

Tim
Cosmic_Jumper

Return to Honda Helix