Helix Dolly

A place to discuss matters related to Honda Helix scooters.

Helix Dolly

Postby pattiandgary » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:48 am

Hi, new poster to forum. Love all the advice, and try to research the past posts before asking questions. I haven't seen it mentioned, but those looking for a great way to move the Helix around in a garage or carport, the CHEAP ( price and quality) Habor Freight dolly is an exact fit from front stopper bar to rear stopper bar. I don't think it would handle much more weight than the Helix, but it does move pretty easy.
My Helix is a red1986 (1100 off the line if the vin # is right). Again, thanks for the forum.
pattiandgary

Re: Helix Dolly

Postby DoubleFelix » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:44 pm

That's cool. Can you tell us how you determine the production line number by the VIN, please?
DoubleFelix

Postby Cosmic_Jumper » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:33 pm

The last 5 digits of the VIN are the production sequence
Cosmic_Jumper

Postby Chip Chester » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:22 am

I use the HF dolly too. Actually picked it up (pre-assembled) off craigslist for even more 'savings'.
Chip Chester

Postby mouka » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:03 am

pattiandgary wrote:Hi, new poster to forum. Love all the advice, and try to research the past posts before asking questions. I haven't seen it mentioned, but those looking for a great way to move the Helix around in a garage or carport, the CHEAP ( price and quality) Habor Freight dolly is an exact fit from front stopper bar to rear stopper bar. I don't think it would handle much more weight than the Helix, but it does move pretty easy.
My Helix is a red1986 (1100 off the line if the vin # is right). Again, thanks for the forum.

Can you please show a picture for the mechanically challenged like myself? I do not necessarily need to move my Helix around. I simply take it off the center stand and just move it around. However I would love to see what you do to move it around on a dolly.
mouka

Postby Chip Chester » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:22 pm

Regarding the HF dolly weight capacity...
Mine is now occupied by a PC800 Pacific Coast. Handles it fine at 630 lbs.
Chip Chester

Return to Honda Helix