Hello from Atlantic Beach Fl

An optional place for members to tell us about themselves

Hello from Atlantic Beach Fl

Postby hayesatlbch » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:45 pm

Bought a 2004 HH a couple of months ago with almost 12,000 miles. Prior I had a no name 150 gy6 Chinese bike from a garage sale for $500 that was pretty much trouble free for about 5 years until bad gas killed it and started a cascade of problems . Being at best a parts replacer without a service manual available I finally gave up . Towards the end , going down a bridge the speedo pegged and broke the needle leaving me with a 1/4 stub to point towards my speed. I considered gluing it back on but decided to look for something else. I did like the 16 inch wheels.

Anyway, to date , all I have really done is change the muffler gasket and paint the muffler with HT paint. and been purchasing Honda parts , drive face tool and a few things I need to work on it. I will be starting with a belt ,rollers air filter, spark plug and bystarter. Everything works ( except the bystarter ) . It starts in a heart beat , idles real slow but never dies, has a large rpm increase needed before to moves. It also takes about 3 minutes before the second temp bar lights up. All of which I hope resolves with the new parts.

Atlantic Beach is one of Jacksonville's beaches, on an island 26 miles long between Mayport Naval base to the North and St Augustine to the South. I'm retired, 68 and already think I have the best looking bike on the island.
hayesatlbch

Re: Hello from Atlantic Beach Fl

Postby wilsongj » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:37 am

Welcome from France, the Helix is reasonably easy to work on, and parts firly easy too. Tons of good advice on here too. We are in complete lockdown here so have not ridden for a couple of weeks, getting bored now!
wilsongj

Re: Hello from Atlantic Beach Fl

Postby slonaker » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:58 pm

Welcome to the board! BTW, your notifications for this thread are bouncing back to the board.

Patrick
slonaker
Site Admin

Return to Introductions