Board/Moderator Update

Important Information for members. Only Admins may post to this forum

Board/Moderator Update

Postby slonaker » Fri May 16, 2014 10:19 am

I have a torn rotator cuff that's giving me a lot of trouble. I'm typing with one hand right now, and I'm scheduled for surgery in a couple of weeks. The surgeon tells me that I should expect 4-6 months to completely recover. As a result, everything I do is taking a little longer, and will likely tend to do so for several months.

I will still be watching and moderating the board, but things might take a little longer, especially approvals for new members. If you see any issues that might require moderation, please report the post (every post has a "report" button) or send me an email through the board.

Thanks,

Patrick
Board Owner, Moderator
slonaker
Site Admin

Re: Board/Moderator Update

Postby bugsplatz » Fri May 16, 2014 11:28 am

Hope your recovery is quick with minimum pain!
Fred
bugsplatz

Postby GhostHost » Fri May 16, 2014 4:07 pm

Patrick,
Sorry to hear about your problem and the upcoming surgery. Do what you need to get back to normal. The rest of the world will wait as required.
Best wishes
Roland
07 Helix
N. Central Florida
GhostHost

Postby Cruiser » Fri May 16, 2014 4:39 pm

Good Luck. We're with you.
Cruiser

Postby slonaker » Fri May 16, 2014 7:00 pm

Thanks, everyone!

Patrick
slonaker
Site Admin

Postby Don Leonardo » Sat May 17, 2014 6:47 am

Good luck. I had the surgery too. The coolest part was when he showed me a pic of my torn muscles from inside. It looked like Bacala.
08 Stella
04 Helix
76 Vespa
Don Leonardo

Re: Board/Moderator Update/ falling apart.

Postby gascap » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:15 am

Good luck with the surgery. Pain all the time wears you down. I have the knee issues, shoulder, neck, almost all arthritus and wear out. Check the ph of the water you drink and correct it to 7+if you can, It helps with joint issues I belive. When I married my new wife I moved into her house where the water is hard, 5.0 ph and my joints just went to hell. I found out the ph factoring into body health then, and it helps to be ph neutral . Now I am like a chemist with my water. Without calibrated instruments you are blind to it. All the best, and be kind to the family because they can get even.Del.
gascap

Postby gascap » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:20 pm

Update please.Del.
gascap

Postby slonaker » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:22 pm

gascap wrote:Update please.Del.

I'm doing better. Thank you for asking. I just started physical therapy, and that's painful, but I understand the importance of completing it so that I can return to doing the things I love.

I still can't use my shoulder, so I'm still pretty limited in what I can do. I have decided that it is a lot like being 3 years old again! :) I can't tie my own shoe laces, cut my own meat, wear pants that don't have an elastic waistband, drive a car (two more weeks!) or use power tools. I am, however, as good with a TV remote as I ever was. I have had a LOT of practice!

Patrick
slonaker
Site Admin

Return to News and Updates