cluster

Brands, pricing, parts, reviews etcetera

cluster

Postby corvairbob » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:14 pm

i have the 09 cfmoto helix clone. i had a helix for years then i got this 09 and rode it for a bit then i got a burgman, this 09 sat in the shed for years. now i sold the burgman and i'm riding the 09 but the cluster seem dim in the daylight. i just can't remember the helix have trouble seeing the cluster in the daytime. and when i first got this cfmoto i don't recall this issue. so maybe some can tell me if this is normal of is my cluster failing? the odo is not working on it but i don't put that in the same problem area. so is there a fix or is this normal. thanks bp.
corvairbob
cf moto fashion
corvairbob

Re: cluster

Postby Cruiser » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:51 am

Yes, my speedo is hard to read in full sun.
Cruiser

Postby corvairbob » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:23 am

thanks i guess i just did not remember. but i was sure i could see it is the sun when i got it and my helix also. but looks like i was wrong. again thanks. bp.
corvairbob
cf moto fashion
corvairbob

Postby wilsongj » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:40 pm

Hi there in Spazio land (French Helix) My speedo cluster is impossible to see in the sun, but have you checked the backlight bulbs?
We still have bright sunlight and warm weather at the moment and many speed cameras so I have to really squint to see my speed!!
wilsongj

Postby corvairbob » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:07 pm

no i have not yet did anything to the cluster. i wanted to get some input before i started tearing into it. the bulbs may be bad but out completely as i can see it at night. or in shade. thanks bp.
corvairbob
cf moto fashion
corvairbob

Postby Erichfurrer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:27 pm

I believe this is normal to struggle with seeing speedometer cluster in sunlight
Erichfurrer

Postby corvairbob » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:57 pm

i suppose it is for the clone but the helix i had for 8 years i did not have this issue with seeing it in the daylight. but thanks for the reply
corvairbob
cf moto fashion
corvairbob

Postby Scootertrash » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:51 pm

Maybe you could use an off the shelf headlight restoration kit on the lens/display if that’s in bad shape? I’d also maybe check the ground wire at least at the cluster. Next I’d consider switching the original cluster lights to LED since they produce more lumens than regular bulbs with much much less amperage. I’m actually doing this myself.
Scootertrash

Return to Helix Clones