NY International Motorcycle Show - Honda Forza

A place to discuss non-Helix scooters.

NY International Motorcycle Show - Honda Forza

Postby charlie55 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:44 pm

My brother-in-law and I attended the NY International Motorcycle show yesterday and had a really great time. I saw the usual lineup of production and custom bikes, but my main reason for attending was to get a closer looker at the Forza 300 (well, really 279). I like it. A lot. A whole lot. A whole damned lot. The only downside (other than the fact that I can't afford it) is that it's not as easy to get your feet up on the slanted portion of the floorboard as it is on the Helix. At 6 feet, and most of that legs, I felt ever so slightly cramped. Still, I think that I could "close my eyes and think of England" if I had to. Here are some (admittedly crummy) phone camera shots:

Then, of course, there are those very shy young ladies from the local convent schools who do everything possible to facilitate your [mechanical] fantasies. One, upon overhearing that I ride a Helix, immediately squeezed one of my Olive Oyl-like biceps and left me a note: ;)

Last edited by charlie55 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ego equitare ergo sum
charlie55

Re: NY International Motorcycle Show - Honda Forza

Postby Don Leonardo » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:21 pm

Miss Full Throttle Magazine. She's hot. Oh, and the scooter is nice too
08 Stella
04 Helix
76 Vespa
Don Leonardo

Postby charlie55 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Don Leonardo wrote:Miss Full Throttle Magazine. She's hot. Oh, and the scooter is nice too

You should see her in person! Ah, if only I were 30 years younger, in shape, good-looking, intelligent and wealthy. But at least my Helix will always love me.
Ego equitare ergo sum
charlie55

Postby Don Leonardo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:02 pm

I have seen her in person. The FT Magazine head quarters is here on Long Island. I agree with you about "If I was", well, maybe 20 years younger. Then again she wouldn't have wanted me then either. :lol:
08 Stella
04 Helix
76 Vespa
Don Leonardo

Postby ssgcarl » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:14 pm

I'd have to be 40 years younger..........

Now don't tell my helix that I asked this, but what is the MSRP on this beauty? The Forza not the girl.
ssgcarl

Postby charlie55 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Base MSRP is $5599, ABS MSRP is $6099. Really not that awful unless you've got one kid in college, another going shortly, and a 2000 Altima that's on life support.

As for the young lady, she's a fitness trainer married to a Marine. So, I think you'd need enough dough to buy really good hospitalization coverage.
Ego equitare ergo sum
charlie55

Postby helixnz » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:12 am

Nice scoot Charlie looks very similair to my majesty 400.
Still i wont sell my Helix because they are classics which still hold there own and the riding position is the best!!!! :P
helixnz

Postby silverbullet » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:21 pm

I'm going to the show in Minneapolis in a few weeks. Looking forward to seeing it in person. From some of the other scooter forums I go to say this scoot is not for the tall inseamed person. The other scoot I want to see is the Kymco Mi Road 700.
Lou
98 Helix
06 650 Burgman
silverbullet

Postby silverbullet » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:58 pm

Saw it, sat on it, this weekend. Loved its looks. I'm sure one could find an a taller windshield for it. At 5'9' & being inseamed challanged. I found it did not have enough legroom.
Lou
98 Helix
06 650 Burgman
silverbullet

Postby ssgcarl » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:08 pm

My dealer has one on his showroom floor, cool looking, really sleek. But the center hump is too high for my stove up legs (jumped out of too many Army trucks over the years and now arthritis is settling in) to comfortably get over. And it just doesn't sit comfortably. So it probably wouldn't ride comfortably either.

It would have been nice if Honda would have "streamlined" the helix body style (although I do like the boxy look) instead of designing this one.

I made my March "get it ready for Summer" appt. while I was there and scheduled the 12k service as well.

It has to be Spring soon, right?
ssgcarl

Return to Other Scooters