Forza

A place to discuss non-Helix scooters.

Forza

Postby reggae5 » Sun May 19, 2013 5:03 pm

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/forza.aspx
Just goggling scooters and small displacement bikes with the thought of replacing my 87 HH and checking out whats out there and ran across the above link. I've heard the Forza mentioned in posts a couple years ago but it looks like their bringing that scooter to states. 300cc is a nice size one of the bikes I was a ninja 300 or a burgman 400. Didn't hear anything about this scooter coming here for 2014
Patrick I wasn't sure where to put this, here or under Helix because this kinda looks the the new replacement for the Helix
reggae5

Re: Forza

Postby rowdyc » Wed May 22, 2013 10:44 pm

Nice scooter, but I don't think a replacement for Helix (coming from a Helix forum...go figure..lol) If I had the bucks, I would prob get. 300cc is the new low end for maxi scooters. Top speed around 90mph and cruises at 70-75mph. When 250's first started coming out, interstate speed limits were 55-60mph and cruising at those speeds were no problem. Since interstate speed limits have increased so much, a 250cc scooter is not considered interstate able.

I hope Honda or Givi have a taller windscreen for it. At those mph's, your upper body would not think it was as comfortable as a Helix. I think they may have the pricing correct, given Honda's past. The 250cc Big Ruckus was the same price at $5.5K seven years ago. All new larger scooters are high but some at 5 figures is ridicules. Better storage than any motorcycle without extra bags, and decent MPG should sell these scooters.

I love the color choices; Red, Red, and yeah, they got a Red out in back. :lol:
rowdyc

Postby Cruiser » Thu May 23, 2013 6:55 am

I'd be interested in the seating position? I am not a "kitchen chair position" rider. I am more the "feet extended " rider. My feet are always up on the angled portion of the floorboards.
Cruiser

Postby reggae5 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:05 pm

I ride the same way to with my feet up on an angle extended. Which is kinda funny seeing as the one thing I didn't like about my 1500 Vulcan was the forward controls. Just got in the mail my motorcyclist mag and on the front a comparison of the ninja 300 and the Honda CBR500R ninja wins hands down.
reggae5

Postby BobM » Thu May 23, 2013 10:56 pm

The Ninja is a good bike. I liked the pre-2007 bikes and you can still get a low miles bike at a steal of a price. I re-geared mine (3 more teeth on the front and 1 less on the rear). It didn't hurt low end torque as they were geared so low originally, but it helped with highway speeds (cruise all day at 80 and one time I cut back on the throttle when it passed 100 mph). It also helped with fuel consumption, as I could get 70 mpg. I lowered the foot pegs 1 inch so my knees weren't bent so tightly (I'm 6'3") and raised the handlebars an inch. That made it more comfortable, but I found that when riding my Helix, leaning against the seat back and being able to move my feet to different positions was just hard to beat for comfort, especially when taking long trips and sitting in the saddle all day for several days. But, in all honesty, part of my discomfort on the Ninja was probably due to bad knees (I got two new knees in August, right after I sold the Ninja :cry: ). Too bad that we don't have the space or money to just buy all the bikes that we'd like to have.

Bob :)
93 Helix
04 Suzuki Burg. 400
BobM

Postby reggae5 » Mon May 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Good information on the regearing. Espically since the 250cc ones will go a lot cheaper since the 300cc came out. Thanks
reggae5

Postby bigphillip79 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:04 am

I think they should've gone with something in the 400cc range. There is a gap there. 279 is more of a 250 class scooter since new technology has raised the standards for 250 performance. Something between between the this and the Silverwing would be good. The other scooter making Japs have 400-500cc bikes.
Ain't you big for a scooter?
bigphillip79

Postby helixnz » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:10 am

Im with you big Philip i run a yp400 King on my bigger tours she is a loverly beast single cylinder lots of torque, but i still prefer the riding position of my Helixs . Wish the cn had a 400cc motor too and a bigger back wheel with A.B.S breaking to boot.
This to me would be the ultimate scoot
helixnz

Return to Other Scooters