1967 Honda C100 (50cc Cub)

A place to discuss non-Helix scooters.

Postby Cincycaddy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:53 pm

Slowly getting there..waiting on a few parts. Sister-in-law is supposed to be sending me a Honda Cub child's seat soon..can't wait. :D

Electrical Engineer..car geek!
Cincycaddy

Postby Cincycaddy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:11 pm

Well weather here was really nice today. Got my Helix out of the shed and gassed up. (need new tags forgot all about that but she gets Antique Plates this year - 25 yrs old now) Took the Helix out, the Model T out, the Passport out and dragged the little '65 Honda up from the basement - I really need a walk out basement - was not fun getting her up the stairs and through the kitchen with the extra weight of the engine. Patiently waiting on the Honda dealer to finish up the jug (overbore for new piston) and cutting the new valves into the head. I gotta get back on the '73 BMW and you can barely see the '93 Miata I'm bringing back to life - hopefully no more snow so my wife doesn't think she needs to get her car into the garage. :) BTW - the yellow Passport is for sale..I'm trying to get this little guy if he is still available....project bike (motor locked up) and 500 miles away but has a super rare roadster kit on it (tank and seat).

Cincycaddy

Postby reggae5 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:29 am

How do you find time for work? :lol:
reggae5

Postby Don Leonardo » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:40 am

I just realized that's not a snowmobile. It's your Helix. Damn they really do look like a snowmobile. :lol:
08 Stella
04 Helix
76 Vespa
Don Leonardo

Postby Cruiser » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:22 pm

Don Leonardo wrote:I just realized that's not a snowmobile. It's your Helix. Damn they really do look like a snowmobile. :lol:

:shock: I am speachless!
Cruiser

Postby Cincycaddy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:29 am

Well in the meantime this 60's Honda 90cc ( I believe it is a CM91) popped up on craigslist today a few miles from here. So guess what is joining the collection tomorrow :) $200 and I'm pretty sure it is all there, minus the points cover and a title. Will update tomorrow, as I"m picking her up at noon. :D

Cincycaddy

Postby reggae5 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:35 am

Cincycaddys Used Bike Lot.
Open for business

Selling your passport buying the CM91 !
Well it could be worse you could be keeping all these bikes. :lol:
reggae5

Postby Cincycaddy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:02 pm

Bike is a bit rustier than I had hoped..but it is all there minus the tool kit. Dunno what to do with this one. Did come with a new reproduction seat and I was able to pick her up for $175. Thinking sell off the engine and everything but the basics, throw a Lifan 110cc in her and make a rat rod out of her...time shall see. Still hoping to pick up the 69 Trail w/ Roadster Kit up in Wisconsin next weekend :)

Cincycaddy

Postby Cincycaddy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:32 pm

Well got her stripped down a bit. Think I'll sell off a few of the parts - fender, legshield, headlight bezel which should net over $100, and try to do a mild bobber/chopper/rat rod with her and the original motor. Supposedly has a new top end. Should be a fun project and different than what I've been doing. :)

Cincycaddy

Postby Don Leonardo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:27 pm

I love watching your projects. Your wife is a saint for going with it.

Single spring style seat??
08 Stella
04 Helix
76 Vespa
Don Leonardo

Postby Cincycaddy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:43 pm

Don Leonardo wrote:I love watching your projects. Your wife is a saint for going with it.

Single spring style seat??

Yeah - I've kicked her Camry out the garage, which is about the only thing she isn't happy about :) Yep, if I can find or fabricate one. Thinking of something like this.

Cincycaddy

Postby Don Leonardo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:57 am

Ouch. Even with all the extra padding on my arse that seat still looks like it would hurt.
08 Stella
04 Helix
76 Vespa
Don Leonardo

Postby Cincycaddy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:28 am

Going tosee what I can do with it to make it a bit softer. Purchased a Trail 90 tank last night on ebay as it has a mount for a single seat (hinges at front on tank vs stock with hinges at rear on bike) and a solo seat metal seat pan. Thinking either get the steel seat pan all shiny and bright and clear it or find an old piece of leather and throw a thin bit of padding on it. Hopefully have it this week. Have to also order a key as the bike did not come with one – fortunately there is a guy who sells NOS keys, just supply the lock number and $14. Hopefully he stocks the one I need.
Cincycaddy

Postby Cincycaddy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:00 pm

It's official sent the $200 non-refundable deposit today so I'm committed. Hopefully picking it up Saturday. 500 miles one way to Wisconsin. Almost passed on it after sleeping on it over the weekend, but this is just too good a deal to pass up. This one should be interesting.

90cc, 4 speed auto clutch, front and rear brakes on handlebars and see that big sprocket? Disconnect the chain, add an extra length and you now have 3 additional low gears. First year (this is a 1964 or 1965, although titles as a 1967) CT Trail Honda plus as mentioned before extremely rare and desirable roadster kit. Seller claims motor is locked (these things are stupid easy to work on) so I'm hoping it is something simple. Gotta get a key from Hondakeys.com but it does have a title. Uber excites
:mrgreen:

Cincycaddy

Postby Cruiser » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:23 pm

It looks to be in very good condition. And that large rear sprocket must be for the "trail" part. It should give some really low gears!
Cruiser

PreviousNext

Return to Other Scooters